I'm continuing a look at the Champions League R&R document, focusing now on the entitlements that CONCACAF is demanding. These can be found in throughout the document, but predominately in Sections 4, 10, and 12.
With regard to the competition, CONCACAF is entitled to:
- Local transportation, hotel rooms and meals of the designated CONCACAF match officials and other CONCACAF officials, paid for by the host team and reimbursed by CONCACAF (Sect 4.4 and 4.7c-d)
- An office at or near the stadium with a fax machine for the Match Commissioner's use (Sect. 4.7g)
- Be added, along with the CCL marketing partners, as parties to the liability insurance policy for the stadium in which CCL matches are to be held (Sect. 4.7f)
- Control of the stadium at least 48 hours before the match in order to conduct inspections and install CCL signage
- Total control within the stadium of (Sect. 10.8c-e, Sect. 12.15-16):
- Any video/message boards
- Public-address announcer
- Scoreboard operator
- The following items at the stadium, for free (Sect 12.12):
- 4 suites
- Maximum 600 standard category tickets
- Maximum 50 best category tickets
- A number of parking spaces to be determined
- If available, maximum of 500 tickets of any category, discounted 20% (Sect. 12.13)
- At least 40000 ft2 (3700 m2) of space near the stadium for promotional/sponsorship displays (Sect. 12.14)
The next part of this series will focus on the stadium regulations. I think the most important regulation will be the all-seater requirement.
UPDATE: In the comments, Chuck asked just what is defined as a 'dignitary' whose accommodations the host club is responsible for. I should be careful because the regulations document didn't use the word 'dignitary' but rather 'designee'; essentially, it includes match officials and other designated CONCACAF officials, up to and including Jack Warner himself. At any rate, CONCACAF will reimburse the home club for expenses related to accommodating CONCACAF officials (Sect. 4.4), so there is a disincentive against bringing too many designees. I've edited the text above.